[geeks] Looking for options to increase IOPS (Storage)

Ben Greisler ben at kadimac.com
Thu Feb 25 16:42:14 CST 2010

Can you add more disks to your existing array? I wasn't sure from your
description whether the existing RAID5 is in the 4x cage or if you
have the 4x cage also available. If you add more spindles to your
RAID5 you should get better performance for not a lot of bucks. If
your existing drives are in that 4x cage, you need another cage. DO
you have additional SATA ports open?

Ben Greisler | Owner / Technical Lead |  Kadimac Corp
ofc: 215-821-1440 | email: ben at kadimac.com
Certified Member - Apple Consultants Network - ACSA | Xsan | ACT
Apple Professional Services Provider - Education and Enterprise