[geeks] Low cost AMD Phenom x4 9750CPU - $59.99 + S/H in USA

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 07:56:04 CST 2010

Hello all,

Came across an interesting deal, thought some here might be interested
in - an AMD Phenom x4 9750 CPU (OEM, no cooler included) for $59.99 at
tigerdirect.com.

It is a 2.4 GHz part w/2 Meg L3 Cache and it sits in an AM2+ socket.

I'm ordering one (the max allowed per order) to upgrade a 9150 based
system (or I may place another order for a second one and upgrade my
planned windows "failover cluster" boxes to these instead of the
surplused 1210 dual core CPUs suplused after another listmember and
myself upgraded our Dell T105 servers earlier last year...

Anyway, it isn't the fastest CPU out there, but it could make a very
nice upgrade for anyone with a compatible AM2+ system that has a
lesser CPU...

Link to TigerDirect:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5267165&CatId=3496

TigerDirect also has the 9850 with 4 Meg Cache for $109.99:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4082332&CatId=3496

Enjoy,

Lionel

--