[geeks] Nice (large) laptop

Michael Parson mparson at bl.org
Tue Feb 9 10:50:31 CST 2010

On Feb 8, 2010, at Feb 8, 2010 10:21 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Michael Parson <mparson at bl.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> The quad-core 27" iMac is i7 based.
>
> Good to know (I wasn't aware of that), but isn't the 27" iMac having a
> few problems (not blaming CPU, just reminds me of reports I read
> elsewhere)?

There have been some complaints about the displays on them.  It seems
that Apple delayed shipping the 27" models for a bit (website said
they would ship 3 weeks after order), possibly to give them a chance
to reengineer them to fix the problem(s).  Gizmodo is reporting that
they seem to have resumed shipping on them. The site now says 24 hours
for 21.5" models, 2 weeks for 27" models.

--
Michael Parson
mparson at bl.org