[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:18:48 CST 2010

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 1:02 PM,  <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:

<snip>

> The new dual core netbooks are going to give it a run for the money. I saw
> one with a 12" screen advertised last week, I wonder how long it will be
> before the feature creep down to the 10 inch.

I'm drawn to the dual-core Asus Atom 330 netbook, but at $449 I have
to have a real need fo rth eextended battery life to shell out that
kind of money... $399 would be an easier price-point, $349 and I'd
have it in my hands now ;^)

Link: http://tinyurl.com/yegk6ow (Best Buy Asus netbook link)

I like the 4 Gig of RAM and ION graphics chip, and the 12" screen
makes me think the keyboard might be Just About Right (TM) for me...

As a side note, I have been using an Intel D945GCLF2 MiniITX-based
system running Windows 7 Professional, but after a very long time
between reboots the flash player got wonky (videos would play normal
size, but not full-screen, restarting browser didn't get it fixed, had
to restart the system)... This is a 2 Gig RAM system with Intel GMA950
video, and it may have gone 4 weeks (or more) since a reboot... Just a
data point.

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson