[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:38:45 CST 2010

On Feb 1, 2010, at 5:07 AM, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> If you are flying to London for example, an iPad would be fine. If you were
> coming here, or the Pacific rim, you would be out of juice long before the
> filght lands.
>
> AFAIK the iPad does not have a user changable battery, so you can't carry a
> spare and swap in flight.

Any external dock connector battery for the iPhone will work for the iPad.
They use the same wattage of AC adapter.

> The nook reads PDF files without conversion too. Amazon did not add that
feature
> to the Kindle, to reduce competition.

Bzzt.  Kindle's have supported PDFs natively for a while.

Really folks, how about a little fact checking before making broad-sweeping
statements?

> Since I don't know the size of the books you read, I can only guess, but
> a nook with a handful of SD RAM cards would probaly hold everything you
could
> read in your life, let alone on one trip.

As would the iPad, with the added benefit of being able to watch video, play
mp3's and surf the web.