[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 06:59:59 CST 2010

On 2 Feb 2010, at 12:14, "Jon Gilbert" <jjj at io.com> wrote:

>>> The other thing it will be huge for is musicians.
>>
>> Not much more than an iPod or other MP3/MP4 player. It's too
>> underpowered
>> run Garageband, can't play a music video in decent resolution, so
>> it's
>> just a
>> big player.
>
> ROFL! You have no idea what you are talking about.

Amen. Musicians created fantastic works 20 years ago on computers with
little more than a 68000 and a Midi port. Don't tell me a multitouch
screen 1GHz ARM pad with GBs of storage is not useful to a musician.
You only have to look at what is already available on iPhone to see
how much music potential is there.

--
Mark Benson

http://markbenson.org/blog