[geeks] iPad - NOT a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:59:14 CST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>wrote:

> On 02/01/10 07:33, hike wrote:
> > Since this is the iPhone OS, I can also
> > leave the iPad overseas (a gift, etc.) without the concerns that I am
> > breaking USA weapons law (encryption programs, etc.).
>

> Am I the only one who is somewhere between amused and disgusted at the
> US government's myopic belief that nobody outside the borders of the US
> is smart enough to be competent at cryptography or cryptanalysis?

You have mischaracterized the USA government.  They realize that there are
people even smarter than you described.  They just don't want to make it any
easier for them.  Remember, locks are for honest people.

(However misguided you think the USA government is, it is methodical and has
accomplished seemingly impossible tasks.)