[geeks] OT: dead emac, help!

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Thu Aug 26 17:00:22 CDT 2010

" From: gsm at mendelson.com
"
" On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 02:24:30PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" >anyone on here have knowledge/experience with the later emacs?
" >pointers to places that do?  i've been trolling the web myself...
"
" Battery? CUDA switch?

it was the pmu, which crashed.  reset procedure is to hit the button
next to the ram under the cover on the bottom - but don't hit it
twice, or the pmu may crash again...

what the !@#$%^&*( kind of design is this?!?

big thanks to geoff for offering to send me the manual, which i'd
already found late last night but hadn't yet looked at.  the emac is
back up and now i'm chasing a dhcp problem between it and my dsl
router.	:^/