[geeks] fwd: OpenSolaris is Dead. Long Live Solaris 11 Express

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 20:48:35 CDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM, Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at gmail.com>
wrote:
> We pay the cost for Oracle, but we do think about it.  There simply is
> not an alternative to Oracle DB for our needs.
>
> But there are alternatives to Solaris.

I worked a disk replacement for a SPARC box on Friday night and when
my cellphone rang and the voice at the other end said he was a "field
engineer for Oracle" I remember briefly thinking "What the hell????"
before it struck me.  I know it's been months now but it still hasn't
sunk in.

--
Dan Duncan