[geeks] Ergonomic keyboard styles

Andrew Jones andrew at jones.ec
Thu Apr 29 09:55:10 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 09:27:27PM -0400, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> On 4/28/2010 4:51 PM, Andrew Jones wrote:
> >The major mis-feature: "chiclet" f-keys.  I've become accustomed to
> >them, but they're still really awful.
> >

> I hate those F keys.  I really don't understand why they're like that
> other than assuming that the keyboard is really intended for
> alphanumeric data entry and minimal use of them.
>
>     -Dan Sikorski

The f-keys had to fit without stretching your fingers, so they have to be
really close to the main body of keys.  As close as they are, if they were
regular keyswitches, they would bump into the other keys.

The "chiclets" are the only way to get the density. One gets the feeling
they designed the damn thing without f-keys, then added them as an after-
thought.