[geeks] Ergonomic keyboard styles

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Apr 28 20:26:31 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 05:07:28PM -0400, nate at portents.com wrote:
> Those aspects are common to all Cherry MX Brown keyswitches, so if want to
> 'try out' the Cherry MX Brown before committing to a $300 ergo, your best
> bet is to find an old, used or surplus keyboard with them in it.  If you're
> just looking for Cherry MX Brown keyswitches in a non-ergo but new
> keyboard, consider elitekeyboards.com (they carry several varieties of
> Filco keyboards with Cherry MX keyswitches, including Brown, Blue, and
> Black).

I have a Compaq MX11800 with Cherry Browns that I'd be willing to send to
someone if they wanted to try it out - I have two of them, plus a couple of
MX11900s (with Cherry MX Black linear switches, that I HATE).

In detail:

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:5117
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:7328
http://www.overclock.net/computer-peripherals/706002-compaq-mx-11800-review.html

It's probably the best / cheapest board to get if you want to try out
Browns before spending lots of money on one.  They're also available on
eBay for around $20-25.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford