[geeks] Ergonomic keyboard styles

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Apr 28 10:04:37 CDT 2010

On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:32:26 -0400, "Jonathan J. M. Katz"
<jon at jonworld.com> wrote:
> Interesting stuff. I always noticed that if I didn't use a wrist rest my
> wrists would really complain after a few days of sitting at a keyboard.
> Just
> by adding those to any setup I've been lucky to avoid any kind of
RSI-type
> pain.
>
> Now that I'm working almost exclusively on a laptop directly (since I'm
Mr.
> Nomad-Consultant-type now) the laptop has a built-in wrist rest of sorts
> because of the way it is laid out, so I haven't noticed much problems.
> However, after a week at a desktop without a wrist rest/support, my
wrists
> will ache and kind of swell.

I almost forgot, last year I started using the IMAK SmartGlove on my right
hand:

http://www.imakproducts.com/product.php?c=Wrist+/+Carpal+Tunnel&s=10

Picked it up in a drug store.  Works much better than a wrist rest in my
experience.

- Nate