[geeks] "$9,000 is the new free"

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 12:23:14 CDT 2010

On 21 Apr 2010, at 15:07, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> Let's face it, while SUN was founded with a public serving goal in mind,
> SUN's not pinin'! 'SUN's passed on! This company is no more! SUN has ceased
to be! 'SUN's expired and gone to meet 'its maker! SUN's a stiff! Bereft of
life, SUN rests in peace!
> If Oracle hadn't bought it SUN'd be pushing up the daisies! '
> Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! SUN's off the twig! SUN's kicked the
bucket, SUNs shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the
bleedin' choir invisibile!!
> THIS IS AN EX-COMPANY!!

Easy, Geoff. Think of your blood pressure. ;)

On 21 Apr 2010, at 15:44, Michael C. Vergallen wrote:

> True, Also we are speculating on what Oracle will do with the products they
obtained from their purchase of Sun. Ia8? speculating that in the first stage
they will ask big money for the products they purchased but that in the longer
term they will realise that they should adopt a more realistic approch toward
the hobyinst and reintroduce the multi tear priceing structure so that hobyist
can use their products again so that they will have further support from the
community at large.

Hobbyists? Support? Oracle? Alien concepts that will never even register, I'll
bet.

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: