[geeks] q about connecting external SCSI array

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Fri Apr 16 19:07:35 CDT 2010

Quick question, I am sure some of you know this like the back of your
hand...

I have an external SCSI array with regular 68-pin, and an Adaptec card
with 68pin VHDCI connector.  The cable has finally come in, however the
system the Adaptec card is in, is already running. The OS is VMWare ESXi
v4 which can refresh storage adapters, and the Adaptec card is not
connected to the boot drives.

Can I connect the external array without having to reboot or will
something bad happen should I try to do that?

--Patrick