[geeks] Recommendations for RAID

Steve Haavik shaavik at soc.lib.md.us
Thu Apr 8 13:23:02 CDT 2010

Well, I see the LSI Logic FC929X listed on the hardware support page. That
appears to be the chip driving their current generation of fiberchannel
HBAs.
http://www.lsi.com/storage_home/products_home/host_bus_adapters/fibre_channel_hbas/index.html

Unfortunately I don't have any experience with fiberchannel cards so I
can't say if these are any good. I have used their SAS cards though and
like them better than the Adaptec cards they replaced. Heck, I don't even
know that these will do raid. I know the SAS cards we got did, but that
doesn't say much.

The competative matrix in this may give you an idea of what other vendors
have too.
http://www.lsi.com/DistributionSystem/AssetDocument/LSI_Product_Selector_Guide_Rev_Jan10_FIN.pdf