[geeks] Oracle Solaris may not be "free as in beer" going forward

Kurt Huhn artisan at k-huhn.com
Thu Apr 1 06:56:58 CDT 2010

On Mar 31, 2010, at 11:26 PM, Jonathan Patschke wrote:

> If anyone can completely alienate their customers by putting the
> screws to
> them, all while making patently pornographic amounts of cash, it's
> Oracle.
> This will be fun to watch.

Oh, I agree - absolutely.  All the DB developers at $employer
absolutely *loathe* oracle as a company and business partner, but
won't use anything but their products.  It's really funny to poke them
a little bit and watch them gyrate over it.

--
Kurt Huhn
Renaissance Man, Malcontent, Oversized Ostrogoth