[geeks] Good, Competent UK Managed Web Hosting?

Mark Benson md.benson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 13:45:16 CST 2009

Looking for a new web host. Our existing hosting company has just
dropped the ball big time on us. Total Schoolboy error too, didn't
dump our DB to file before doing a MySQL upgrade and corrupted it
irreparably. Admittedly we should have had a backup of it too, but
when you do an operation like that surely you should at least make
some kind of effort to avoid total disaster?!

Anyway, need a new host, we won't be taking up for 10 months as we
have a contract to run out but I wondered if anyone had any good
recommendations. Must be UK based with UK datacenter(s). I already
know about Rackspace, they rock but they are out of our price range.
We currently pay about 1800 GBP/pa +VAT for our services. I'd pay a
bit more but I don't know how far the boss man will stretch.

I'm also looking for someone else doing good, multi-domain multi-
account shared hosting. I resell my current hosting to several non-
profits as an annual donation, so I will need to be able to setup
multiple accounts and domains for different websites. I pay about 9GBP
inc. VAT a month for my current deal and get 2GB hard disk + 30GB/month.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--
Mark Benson

My Blog: