[geeks] Macbook probably KIA, now what?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Sun May 17 15:28:44 CDT 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009 14:39:32 -0500
William Barnett-Lewis <wlewisiii at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh, joy. My 7 year old just dumped a nearly full coke on top of my
> Macbook. I've got all the bits opened up and have been drying it with
> the aid of a hair drier
You should have rinsed out the coke first with water. Then get rid of
the water with isopropyl. Let it dry for two or three days. If the
inards of the HD didn't get wetted your chances are good to get your
MacBook back to live.

More then once I got soaked up and dirty electronics from the junk
yard. Washed it, dried it and most of the time it worked like before.
At least if there wheren't any mechanical parts involved. (HDs, FDs
keyboards, ...) Electronc parts are not that sensitive to water, at
least as long as the electronics is not powered on.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen