[geeks] subramanya av sent you a Friend Request on Yaari

Joost van de Griek gyorpb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 23:38:02 CDT 2009

2009/6/19 Kurt Huhn <artisan at k-huhn.com>

> Lovely.  So by signing up for this "service" you get the privilege of having
your address book farmed for potential new suckers.  I assume this is via some
annoying bit of snoopware, and probably only works on Windows.

It was sent from a GMail address. Most likely went straight to the
GMail address book.

Facebook has a similar "feature" where you tell it your GMail or
Hotmail login, and it'll harvest the address book. Uh, I mean, "search
for possible matches with other facebook users."

I must say, I especially enjoyed the last bit: "If you do not want
Yaari to send an email notification to your email contacts, do not
register for Yaari." Wow.

.tsooJ