[geeks] Whee! Lightning strikes, AGAIN!

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jul 29 11:59:16 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 12:37:48PM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>But chroma sample sharing is a significant factor in NTSC's notorious
>color-fringing, not so?

I don't know. Some time I will check it out. I have a Sony 25" Trinitron
TV set connected via composite video to an Nvidia graphics card.

It's normally set for PAL/50, but I can change it to NTSC/60 by
modifying the X config file and rebooting. The set has a PAL B/G
(German) tuner, but accepts NTSC/3.57/60 or PAL/4.43/50 via the
video in.

It also accepts RGB from the SCART input, but not S-Video. Someday I was
thinking of having a VGA to SCART RGB cable made up, but at this point it
is rapidly becoming a moot point.

I just need to find a video file with noticable fringing.

Geoff.