[geeks] Whee! Lightning strikes, AGAIN!

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jul 29 02:52:32 CDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 01:39:46AM -0400, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I have a long run wit almos two dozen cat5e cables for most of the run
> (homerun to basement from every room, at least two cables per room, with
> a half dozen spares coiled up in the attic.
>
> I need to protect the 2 dozen endpoints in the basement AND the two
> dozen end-points. I am wondering if there is a pass-thru, 1U, twelve or
> twenty-four port surge suppressor in the market...

http://www.transtector.com/Products?class=data

BTW, I mentioned them in my first reply on the subject.

PolyPhaser also has products but I am have an "internet slowdown" and
can't bring up their page.

I haven't made a real search of what they offer, from what I remember
TransTector bases their products on silicon avalance technology and
PolyPhaser on gas discharge tubes. That may be more of what I was looking for
when I was looking instead of their entire product lines.

Geoff.