[geeks] Whee! Lightning strikes, AGAIN!

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 28 15:45:55 CDT 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 14:17 , nate at portents.com wrote:

> While we're at it, make the receiver fully open-source so you can
> write
> any software you want for it, make the display on it an LCD, and
> make at
> least some of it's hardware modular and upgradable.

Absolutely.

Not only that, but since we long ago dispatched the the need for fixed
capabilities, we should also be able to mix and match displays and
displays within displays.

We've moved from technology to being 90% of the limitations to
bullshit being 90% of the limitations, and it will always suck until
that changes.

We should have had FireWire instead of USB.

We should have video/audio designed for technical reasons only,
unified, and no garbage added on top.

But as you said: it won't happen, or at least not easily.  Greed and
stupidity are the motivators, at least until we force a change.