[geeks] keeping track of downloads by firefox

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 23:05:41 CDT 2009

On Jul 27, 2009, at 4:30 PM, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> This one has got me stumped. What I want is to be able to look at a
> chart and see the amount of data that FireFox downloaded on a
> particular day.
>
> All I can seem to find is the number of times people downloaded
> FireFox,
> which is of no interest. Obviously, I'm missing the point and can't
> get
> the right question.

Maybe look at tools like ntop and vnstat to get some ideas of other
terms to look for on Freshmeat for similar apps?  I don't think either
one of them will do what you want.  Only other thing I can suggest is
putting a proxy or other monitor between the systems and the network
egress to account it--but obviously that means another box.

=Nadine=