[geeks] Secret codes, was US Post Office Website broken again

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jul 20 20:50:45 CDT 2009

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
>> Yes it does follow.
>> If you choose something you can remember, it's also highly likely to
>> be vulnerable to dictionary attack, even if it is unique to you.
>>

> You're assuming you choose a single-word response.

As long as I'm complaining, this reminds me of an example in my earlier
gripe about varying definitions for "strong" passwords.  I have one
account that requires a "pass phrase" which a minimum of, as i recall,
15 characters including at least three spaces, which is fantastic
because it means that i can not reuse a password that i use for other
accounts.  The kicker here is that account has a limitation on the
username length, it must be seven characters or less!

    -Dan Sikorski