[geeks] Secret codes, was US Post Office Website broken again

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jul 20 15:21:09 CDT 2009

Phil Stracchino wrote:
> I have never understood why so few sites simply let you choose your OWN
> "secret question".

I hate the ones that change.  My favorite
movie/restaurant/book/food/pet/author/actor can change pretty quickly.
So, to recover my password, I would have to remember what my favorite
movie was at the time i created the account?  Right.  Combine that with
site's different definition of what a "strong" password is, and
arbitrary password change intervals and you have disaster.

    -Dan Sikorski