[geeks] Secret codes, was US Post Office Website broken again

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Jul 20 14:20:46 CDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 03:09:06PM -0400, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> The website asks for my mother's maiden name.  I enter that and they
> reject it.  I always capitalize that entry.  All lowercase works.  I've
> tried to get this changed several times, but it always ends up all
> lowercase.

I never use my mother's maiden name. I think it is listed on too many
social network sites, etc to be of any use. I always us inappropriate

For example, if you ask where I went to high school, I answer strawberry.
Or my mother's maiden name, I answer baseball. I also never use the same
answer on different sites.

It's confused people the times they have asked me for them on the phone,
but no one has every said, "sorry, we can't accept that".

Remember when someone hacked Sarah Palin's email because they looked up her
maiden name where she went to high school? Don't laugh about her using Yahoo
for her official email, my wife's employer just moved over to gmail.

Geoff.