[geeks] Pointers for iPod battery (3rd Gen)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 06:46:28 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 7:37 AM, Robert Brooke Gravitt<gravitt at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 16, 2009, at 7:29 AM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Thanks, they have a good set of instructions, and their price seems
>> about the going rate ($14.95 for an 850 mAh battery), but I've seen
>> 1,100 mAh replacement batteries at longlast-ipodbattery[0] (and
>> others) for $19.99 shipped, and I'm leaning that way. (Nearly doubling
>> the battery life for $5.04 more seems like a no-brainer, the original
>> battery is 650 mAh).
>>
>> Thanks for the pointer,
>>
>> Lionel
>
> I can second this - I did the same for my 40G iPod. The battery lasts
> forever. Ii still need to fix my wife's old iPod mini - it doesn't hold a
> charge anymore.

Does her iPod have the battery/warning triangle display and refuse to
power-up? THat what mine is stuck on.

To be honest, I'm fixing this because a) it's only $20, it's a shame
to waste old electronics for a battery, and c) I'm not sure how much
longer these parts will be available. I have a newer iPod that I use
(along with my iPhone), this is more of a spare/back-up iPod at this
point (I can take this on a scouting overnight and not worry about
breaking a $200 device if I drop it, for example).

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson
lionel4287 at gmail.com