[geeks] Pointers for iPod battery (3rd Gen)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 06:29:44 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 6:52 AM, sammy ominsky<s at avoidant.org> wrote:
> On 16/07/2009, at 04:58, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> I've got a 40 Gig 3rd Generation iPod that needs a new battery, it
>> looks like batteries run around $15-25 or more, with $20 being about
>> average price for a "kit"... Anyone have any pointers to vendors they
>> like/have worked with before?
>
> I have the same iPod.  I bought the battery with tools from iFixit.  Always
> been happy with them, even back when they were an eBay-only seller and I
was
> buying Wallstreet parts.

Thanks, they have a good set of instructions, and their price seems
about the going rate ($14.95 for an 850 mAh battery), but I've seen
1,100 mAh replacement batteries at longlast-ipodbattery[0] (and
others) for $19.99 shipped, and I'm leaning that way. (Nearly doubling
the battery life for $5.04 more seems like a no-brainer, the original
battery is 650 mAh).

Thanks for the pointer,

Lionel

[0]