[geeks] Pointers for iPod battery (3rd Gen)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 20:58:55 CDT 2009

Hello all,

I've got a 40 Gig 3rd Generation iPod that needs a new battery, it
looks like batteries run around $15-25 or more, with $20 being about
average price for a "kit"... Anyone have any pointers to vendors they
like/have worked with before?

The reason I believe the battery needs to be replaced is a) the unit
won't power-up, instead I get a battery image and a warning "triangel"
on the display and b) it's the original battery, which is what, 5
years old now?

Thanks in advance - I'm comfortable swapping my own battery (with
reasonable instructions), but I've never ordered one of these kits
before and I have no idea what to look for... It seems that "extended"
battery life is possible, almost doubling the original battery life...

Thanks,

Lionel

--
Lionel Peterson