[geeks] Google announces Google Chrome OS

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 17:47:38 CDT 2009

On Jul 13, 2009, at 8:00 AM, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> yes, but documents and settings isn't ordinarily empty as it's where
> xp expects to put user home dirs, complete with registry settings.
> that's the hack i was referring to.  apparently there's an easy way to
> clue xp into this at install time but no easy way to change your - or
> its - mind later.

Yes, you can do this via the builder's tool kit--I can't recall the
actual name, but it's freely available.  I used it when we owned the
retail store so that I could put user data on a separate slice for
easy back ups.  To do it after install, you have to munge a huge chuck
of entries in the registry, so it's best to do it at install.

> idle q - having heard of triple-boot systems, is there a common fs
> type that xp, osx, and s10 can all mount?  besides floppy, hsfs, and
> the like.

Not really.  I looked into that when I was building the hackintosh,
since I intended to install all three of those and I didn't find a
good answer.  I settled for Solaris 10 on the NAS and use VMs to play
with OpenSolaris and it's variants.  The hackintosh dual boots OS X
and XP (for gaming), and that's it.

=Nadine=