[geeks] SLES Subs - required?

Kurt Huhn artisan at k-huhn.com
Fri Jul 10 12:53:46 CDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 02:35:37PM +0100, Mark Benson wrote:
> I've had a server quotation for a system including SLES (yes, it's a
> Dell, sorry). I have been offered 1 or 3 year subs for SLES and wanted
> to know if it's gonna cripple us when it runs out, gonna stop software
> updates or just mean we can't ring support anymore?

All that affects is the software support subscription.  The server will
continue function just fine, you just won't be able to get kernel updates or
other updates - though service packs I think are still available to everyone.

--
Kurt Huhn                    |      Respect Beer
Renaissance Man, Malcontent  |      Illegitimi non carborundum