[geeks] Google announces Google Chrome OS

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jul 9 18:22:26 CDT 2009

On Jul 9, 2009, at 15:06 , Dan Sikorski wrote:

> You can also mount a filesystem on an empty NTFS folder.  For
> example, i could mount a partition on windows as c:\users or c:\users
> \newuser or whatever.  Just set it up in disk manager, it's easy,
> just not too commonly used.

Yes, I've done that.

But the drives themselves: I've yet to see *ANY* software, including
new software from Microsoft, that could use anything but a drive
letter and/or was immune to drive letter changes.

Even in the last year with apps and games both, I've had this stupid
problem bite me.

My present solution is to use device manager to fix my "always
installed" drives to the first few letters, and never install anything
on any drive but them.

I still have troubles with optical drives and flash drives moving, but
usually that's annoying, not a show stopper.

It's still a very common rant in all kinds of Windows/gaming forums so
obviously if there is a solution, someone needs to get the word out
about it.