[geeks] Google announces Google Chrome OS

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jul 9 14:21:40 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 03:06:00PM -0400, Dan Sikorski wrote:
> You can also mount a filesystem on an empty NTFS folder.  For example, i
> could mount a partition on windows as c:\users or c:\users\newuser or
> whatever.  Just set it up in disk manager, it's easy, just not too
> commonly used.

I think the whole point of this discussion is that while NT supports a
lot of intersting things with devices and filesystems, etc, everyone assumes
it's just an version of DOS with pretty pictures on the screen.

On the other hand, when I installed Hercules and VM/370, I found out that
CMS supports only a flat file system, with disks as letters A-Z, which I
had forgotten.

That was fine in 1976 or so when I first used it, but in 2001 it was
shocking.

Geoff.