[geeks] Problem with google voice

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Thu Jul 9 05:29:57 CDT 2009

I was sent an invitation to join Google voice. I signed up for it, but
have a problem and wonder if anyone else was having a similar one.

Once you sign up you give them a phone number to forward your calls to.

When you do that, they call it and ask you to enter a 2 digit code.

I'm using a VoIP phone, if that matters. When they call it, I get the
recording telling me to enter the code, but I always am told that they did
not recognize my entry.

I have tried different phones, different internet connections, I even tried
using a softphone on my Mac, and I always get the same result.

Anyone else have any success, or a similar problem?

BTW, I am aware they are recording all calls, transrcibing them and filing
them. I figure it's a useful service for calls of complaint, etc, and if I
want to keep a call confidential, I can ask for their phone number and
call back (as confidental as that would be).

Geoff.