[geeks] Google announces Google Chrome OS

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Jul 8 20:47:29 CDT 2009

Robert Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> On Jul 8, 2009, at 9:16 PM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
>
>> IIRC from the latest ad I scanned a few minutes ago, it said Mac OS
>> was BASED
>> on UNIX.
>> (emphasis mine)
>>
>> Bob
>
> No, it was certified as UNIX by the Open Group and is allowed to use
> the trademark. IIRC, this discussion has crept up a few times on this
> list; there's considerable debate here as to what constitutes UNIX.

Honestly, as far as I'm concerned, if it looks like a duck, walks like a
duck, quacks like a duck, and runs sysvinit like a duck, for all
practical purposes it's a duck.  I don't give a flying rat turd whether
or not its creators paid danegeld to the current owner of the Duck
trademark.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.