[geeks] Dell sale on T105 Server

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 11:23:44 CDT 2009

Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a heads-up for anyone thinking about a nice, small Virtual
> Machine hosting box, Dell is having a pretty good sale on their T105
> Server.

How loud is this server, and how piercing is the note given off by the
fans?  Obviously 2 folks here are running these at home, but I live in
a single-floor house, so noise is annoying, everywhere.  I'd even like
to be able to work in my office, where the machine would live, if
possible.

I'm somewhat more noise-sensitive than most other 15 year IT veterans,
so forgive me if my questions sound silly.

Thanks!

- J. Alexander Jacocks