[geeks] Email file format question

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Fri Jan 30 14:38:24 CST 2009

Can anyone tell me what mail file format uses 74 equals signs before
each message?

   I want to put the archives of a mailing list on the web. I have 15
files (one per year) that I thought were a subscriber's Eudora files,
but MHonArc -- which should understand Eudora's files -- puts all the
messages into the first entry when it processes the file. Is MHonArc
screwed up? Is that not really a file from Eudora? Can I do a quick
search-and-replace to swap out the lines of equals signs for something
more useful?

   Many thanks for any suggestions.

- Will