[geeks] PowerPC 850 knowlege sought

der Mouse mouse at Rodents-Montreal.ORG
Sun Jan 25 18:57:24 CST 2009

>> [T]he remaining problem is that I don't know what the chip I'm
>> dealing with has for "internal memory mapped registers" - [...]
> The User's Manual should tell you all that.

Yes, it seems to be.  Since I wrote that I've been fetching and reading
docs.

> http://www.freescale.com/files/product/doc/MPC850UM.pdf

That's one of 'em - the one I interrupted reading to check mail right
now, in fact.

>> I really hope the indications I found that this hardware uses an
>> 850-cored chip are accurate.  Maybe I should open it up again for
>> another look inside....

I did that too.  Good news on that front; I find a chip with the
Motorola logo marked XPC850DEZT50B, which is one of the 850 variants.
Google found me info on the rest of the "big chips" too, and they are
all fairly stock hardware I'd expect to see, so it's looking hopeful.

This is getting encouraging....

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse at rodents-montreal.org