[geeks] PowerPC 850 knowlege sought

Nadine Miller velociraptor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 11:53:02 CST 2009

On Jan 25, 2009, at 9:13 AM, der Mouse wrote:

> I'm working with some code for the PowerPC 850.  But documentation
> seems rather thin on the ground, and, in particular, SPR #638, the
> IMMR, is giving me trouble.  I don't know what it does, and the
> documentation I've been able to find lists it with a reference to a
> section that doesn't exist in the file (the file in question is
> http://fnapcf.fnal.gov/~ron/doc/motorola/PPC-see/850um_2.pdf; page 4-9
> mentions the IMMR with a reference to section 10.4.1, but as far as I
> can see there is no section 10.anything in the file).
>
> I've been trying to STFW, but haven't found anything of use.  (Using
> the Web is difficult and unpleasant for me, so this is not that
> surprising.)  Is there any kind soul who could point me to the rest of
> the documentation of which the above 850um_2.pdf is only a part, or
> for
> that amtter any documentation on the IMMR and what it points to (I've
> found hints indicating that it points to where something important
> appears in the memory map), or, failing that, just explain it to me?

I found this list of documentation at the freescale site:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=MPC850&fpsp=1&tab=Documentation_Tab

I assume the MPC850 is the same since some of the docs refer to
PowerPC mnemonics.

That's about it, that I've been able to find, and my goog-fu is pretty
decent.  Most of the rest is source code.

HTH--
=Nadine=