[geeks] HP Mini 2133 OS Options

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Fri Jan 23 09:38:30 CST 2009

Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Mark Benson wrote:
>

>> I have seen OSX86 running on one on da 'Tube, but there were very few
>> details. Anyone got the skinny on this?
>
> I'm interested in finding out about this, too.  I'd love a tiny system
> running OSX for writing code on airplanes and such.  I suspect BSD would
> work well for that, too, though.
>
> On the other hand, if I get around to borrowing one from $ork, I'll
> try to
> hackintosh it and let folks know how it goes.

I ran OSX on my Dell Mini 9 and was pretty happy with it.  The lack of
real F keys is annoying on windows, but no problem with OSX, honestly
it's almost like that machine was made to be a hackintosh.  I used the
MSIWind ISO that is floating around bittorrent to install, which has
some issues, so i was going to reload it using the suggested methods on
the OSX forums on mydellmini.com (and actually purchase a license for it
if i intend to use it on more than a temporary basis).  Look for the
instructions for installation using the "Type11" method, i don't know
for sure that it would work for a machine other than a Dell Mini, but it
would be a good place to start.

Last weekend i loaded up the windows 7 beta on my mini to check it out.
I might try out ubuntu on it before i settle on OSX just to get a tour
de OS's.

    -Dan