[geeks] Level monitoring

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Jan 21 17:03:44 CST 2009

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> However, that will give you manageable notice as to when the tank will
> run out.

If it's about to run out, the purpose of tracking the level has already
failed.

Someone else, elsewhere, pointed me at this Robertshaw wireless talk
level meter that won't give me digital output, but would at least move
the "read the gauge" problem inside the house, and has a display that's
at least reasonably conducive to digital image recognition:

http://www.bakersgas.com/rs228.html

Of course, I'd still need a webcam to perform the, uh, "data
collection", unless I can figure out how to steal a digital signal off
it somewhere.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.