[geeks] Colocation

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Mon Jan 19 16:00:06 CST 2009

Brian Dunbar wrote:
> I'm looking for a colocation host for work ...
>
> - they provide the box.
> - not located in Wisconsin, Northern California, Colorado, North
> Carolina or Idaho. [1]
>
> Thanks!
>
> [1] What I've been asked for is a suggestion for our documentation
> wiki for worst-case disaster - so while I really like the home-town
> guys down the road [2] it would be sub-optimal to have our backup
> documenation zapped by the same meteorite.

Considered ServerVault?  I know a guy there, arrangements could probably
be made to have them put in a box to your spec, and they ought to be
proof against practically any "worst-case disaster" short of a direct
contact nuclear strike on their facility (it's a former SAC bunker).

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.