[geeks] Twitter?

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 11:09:53 CST 2009

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 07:26:26AM -0800, Rick Hamell wrote:
>> Which is one of the reasons I use it. To manage my online identity. I
>> have a fairly uncommon name (and spelling) so Google brings me up pretty
>> quickly. Until about a year ago, it still brought up some rather
>> unflattering news group posts (from '97) I felt could hurt my employment
>> chances.
>
> If they are/were on Google Groups, Google actually has a way to remove old
> posts that you don't want in their archives.  I did quite a lot of this a
> few years ago.
>
> http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46493

Unluckily not. They were in hacking news groups. Back when I was young,
dumb and thought I knew everything. Yet still posted under an alias that
  can easily be traced to by real name. :)

--
Rick Hamell
http://RickHamell.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of hamellr.vcf]