[geeks] Twitter?

Rick Hamell hamellr at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 09:26:26 CST 2009

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 09:49:40AM -0500, Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
>> I still can't grasp the point of Twitter.  8-)
>
> Actually the point of twitter is that I can datamine what YOU* have
> put into the public domain to find all about you.
> If you use it often, I'll find out far more personal details than
> hiring a detective.
>
> * refer to YOU as meaning anyone else, not you personally.

Which is one of the reasons I use it. To manage my online identity. I
have a fairly uncommon name (and spelling) so Google brings me up pretty
quickly. Until about a year ago, it still brought up some rather
unflattering news group posts (from '97) I felt could hurt my employment
chances.

So now the first several pages of Google hits are posts on one of my
multitude of blogs. Which hopefully drives traffic to them to at least
pay for the hosting.

--
Rick Hamell
http://RickHamell.com

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of hamellr.vcf]