[geeks] Twitter?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 06:50:44 CST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 6:34 AM, Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
wrote:

> Erie Patsellis wrote:
>> That would require me to actually have a normal cell phone, instead
>> of
>> the pay as you go type. Frankly, I don't know what to do with all the
>> mins, I've used probably 80 or so in a year, and have way more
>> sitting
>> there.
>
> I'm using a T-Mobile prepaid, and it's costing me about $55-$60 a
> year.
> With a regular contract, I doubt I could find a minimal plan from any
> carrier for $60 a month.

My son (12 years old) has an AT&T Go Phone, which we loaded up with
$120 before the school year started, now he has $10 left. They charge
$1/day access fee, and 10-15 cents a minute for non-AT&T calls. Wife
and I have AT&T iPhones, so calls to us are free.

A basic monthly plan would likely cost more, after taxes and fees are
considered.

He is charged per text message, and he can burn up money with Internet
access/emails, but that $120 has lasted 5 months...

Lionel