[geeks] EVC and HP C360...

Nate nate at portents.com
Wed Aug 19 21:06:44 CDT 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Cody Swanson wrote:

> I believe you have to hit tab to select the display device on boot.

Thanks - I managed to hunt down the HP C360 Owner's Guide, which goes
into more detail about this, and I thought I'd post it here for future
reference should anyone need it (I've omitted any extraneous details):

"If your keyboard connects to the PS/2 connector on your system, wait
2 seconds after the Num Lock light o,ashes near the end of the boot
sequence, then press Tab to initiate the automatic monitor selection
process. It takes approximately one to two minutes after powering on
the workstation before the Num Lock light o,ashes... The system cycles
through all of the available monitor types one at a time. When you can
see a message similar to the following clearly and legigbly, select
that monitor type by pressing Enter."

However as it turns out, no amount of fiddling with graphics modes
worked... more in my next email.