[geeks] EVC and HP C360...

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Mon Aug 10 10:58:48 CDT 2009

Hi,

Do any geeks out there happen to know if:

a) there are different types of EVC to VGA adapters

or

b) if there's something that can cause an HP Visualize C360 (PA-RISC)
workstation to not output video through it's video card?

A few years ago I bought a C360 off ebay, it didn't come with a hard drive
and didn't have an EVC adapter at the time, and I recently got around to
installing a hard drive and plugging in an EVC to VGA adapter, and I don't
get any video on boot.  Seems to go through a normal boot (lights on front
seem normal, heartbeat LED eventually blinks reguarly), keyboard numlock
comes on and caps lock light can be activated/deactive with caps lock.

- Nate