[geeks] the end of the internet as we know it.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 13:33:36 CDT 2009

On Aug 4, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Jonathan Patschke <jp at celestrion.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Aug 2009, nate at portents.com wrote:
>
>> Seriously, if we went after US companies who've hired and benefited
>> by
>> illegal immigrants the same way that we went after "commies" in the
>> 1960s
>> (and frankly I feel many companies today are less patriotic than the
>> "commies" were), we would be a lot better off.
>
> If we got rid of the immigration bureaucracy and all the social
> welfare
> programs that people perceive the "illegals" are exploiting, the
> problem
> would solve itself:  People who want to come here to work hard can.
> People who come here and don't want to, won't have a choice.  Joe
> Random
> American won't be saddled with the costs of supporting an untenable
> policy.

That was our official policy until, darn it, when did that change...
It was a long time ago, was it the 1940's, give or take?

> Or, yeah, we could do your thing and pass more laws and/or step up
> police
> enforcement.  That's worked swimmingly so far.

I understand this administration is focusing on employers, not illegal
employees - I heard a stat the other day that there are an
unbelievable number of people using 000-00-0000 as their SSN, like
50,000 IIRC...

Of course, they'll go after 'some' employers in 'some' states...

Lionel