[geeks] Any jobs?

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 24 16:32:57 CDT 2009

On Apr 24, 2009, at 12:05 , Aaron Finley wrote:

> My field may be different. While rates have trended down, there is
> considerable value in remaining on the edge.

Whatever that means...

> Bedrock skill sets (e.g. development) are now 1:1 to W2. No point in
> not being W2. In the 90s these skills were four times W2.

There is one big point to not being W2: a lot of companies won't hire
you as anything but 1099 these days.  They save a lot of money like
that versus W2 employees.

> However, the newer and more in demand skillsets are still fetching two
> to four times W2, sometimes more.

Like what?

The newer skills around here are dropping like a rock.

As far as in-demand goes: that's my point... skills in high demand are
falling in pay, quite the opposite of how it used to be.

It probably differs a lot from place to place, and it can change of
course.

I was just pointing out that the rules have changed *OUTSIDE* of your
skills.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com