[geeks] Backup software (yeah, yeah, I know)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at artell.net
Fri Apr 10 17:02:59 CDT 2009

 Chad McAuley suggests ...

> It looks like Burn to the Brim[0] will handle (a) and (b), but then
> you'd have to burn the ISOs manually using your favorite burning
> software. I haven't used it in a while, so I don't know how
> well the ISO creation works.

Sorta-kinda.  It mangles file names over 32 characters long (and makes you
click something when it finds one), and I can't get it to make ISOs of the
last group of files if that group won't fill a disk.  Otherwise, it's OK.  I
think configuration might solve the ISO-writing problem, but the file name
issue will be tougher.

A good idea, but ....

Thanks.

-Shel